The official mission of the organization shall be to promote professional development, professional communications, and professional leadership in educational communications and technology in the Commonwealth.
PAECT Strategic Plan, 2012-2017
1. PAECT will enhance and strengthen the brand and image of PAECT as the
recognized leader in Pennsylvania for educational technology leadership.
● Increase the communication of PAECT to its members concerning educational technology, professional development, and technology leadership.
● Increase the recognizable “look and feel” of PAECT through consistency throughout its publications and products.
● Increase the awareness of PAECT membership benefits within Pennsylvania regions.
2. PAECT will position itself as a leader in educational technology professional
development opportunities for educators.
● Provide opportunities for educators to connect, and grow in their profession through collaborative events and strategic partnerships.
● Provide professional development opportunities that model effective instructional practices which promote technology fluency at all levels K-20.
● Provide leadership in transforming today’s classrooms into conduits for the twenty-first century workplace, and help our students become citizens of a global community that values flexibility, fluency and collaboration.
3. PAECT will establish itself as a leading advocate for educational technology,
in order to be seen as the Voice of Ed Tech in PA.
● Establish relationships with elected officials, school leaders, education agencies (K-12 LEAs, private schools, IUs, Higher Ed) and education associations (PSEA, PASBO, PASA, PASCD, and others).
● Provide leadership to membership for participation in the process of advocating for educational technology.
4. PAECT will create strong, logical and mutually beneficial partnerships
● Build relationships with vendors, non-profit agencies and others to strengthen our ability to achieve strategic goals.
● Create a committee that will drive the partnerships and sponsorships with guidance from the PAECT board.
5. PAECT will build leadership capacity through increase of leadership
opportunities within PAECT, and through its connection to other agencies
focused on excellence in education.
● Increase regional and state level PAECT leadership opportunities.
● Increase regional, state, national and international educational technology leadership opportunities for members.
● Increase awareness of successful educational technology best practices
● Advocate for educational technology leaders throughout the state.
6. PAECT will continually work toward solidifying its financial base, and increasing
income through effective and efficient pursuit of its strategic plan goals.
● Investigate more diverse sources of revenue
● Expand sources of revenue
● Diversify our investments
● Investigate income from State and Regional events